Saturday, January 30, 2010

Six Weeks Old!

Wow! Where does time go these days?  I have meant to do this for days, but each night it never seems to happen.  Jaxson is growing so fast these days and is changing so much.  Nothing too exciting happened from week 4 to week 5, so I didn't feel like I had much to write about, but shockingly in the last week he seems to be a whole new baby! He is now over 10 lbs. and officially out grown all of his newborn clothes. I used the last newborn diaper yesterday, it made me kind of sad that he grown that much already... they grow way too fast.

Jax has started to wake up more and notice all of his surroundings.  Last week he was sitting in his chair that he slept in the first 4 weeks of his life and he looked up and actually notice the dragonfly hanging above his head for the first time.  He just stared and stared!  Now he can see things and follows them with his eyes.  It has made him so much more alert.

He smiles now and it is so sweet! Also, Jax now has discovered that he can make noises.  He lays there and makes the cutest noises!  When I talk to him, it is as if he is trying to have a conversation with me =) He has just been so much fun these last few days, I love this little guys.

Now the bad part... Since he has discovered that there are much more exciting things to do, Jaxson has decided that sleep is not a great thing at night anymore.  Poor mommy has been so sleep deprived these last 5 days!  He will not sleep for more then 3 hours at a time at night time and then wants to be up and play, not just go back to sleep.  I knew that this great sleeper could not last forever, but I sure was not prepared for this.  How in the world to people function like this?!?!?!  I sure hope he is only growing and this will not last long.  I want (need) my great sleeper back!

No comments:

Post a Comment